Older Adults

The links below provide comprehensive, up-to-date information on programs and services pertaining to older adults.


Benefits Assistance

Are you an older adult, individual with a disability or a caregiver that needs to talk to someone about support services, such as benefits counseling, information and assistance, and advocacy issues? Find a local center in your area that can help.

Are you an older adult, age 60+ with questions on Medicare or a private insurance plan and need help with eligibility, this service can help with those types of questions.

To find a social security office near you or someone to assist with your benefit eligibility questions, link here.

If you are age 60+ and need help with community resources and help applying for benefits, or are concerned about an older adult, put in your location in the search box to find the local Municipal Agent.

Do you need assistance with filing your taxes or do you have a question about taxes? Find a tax assistance resource here (i.e., VITA, AARP, IRS Local Office).

Health and Aging

Are you looking for a housing facility that will assist you or a loved one with activities of daily living, (i.e., housekeeping, meals, transportation), to allow for continued independence? One of these facilities may be of interest.

Do you need an agency that may provide home based skilled nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapies, medical social work, dietitian, and home health aide services? Link here for a service in your area.

Do you need a service that can deliver meals to the home? These meal programs may be able to help.

Are you looking for an agency that may offer live in companions, homemakers, transportation to medical appointments, shopping, personal care services, and many other services? Link here for in home services.

To locate a skilled nursing facility, also known as chronic and convalescent nursing homes, that provide individuals who cannot live independently either due to a physical and/or mental health impairment, link here to CT Department of Public Health licensed nursing homes.

Are you an adult with limitations that prevent you from living alone and need a facility that provides a room, meals and supervision, but no nursing services? Here are some choices for homes in Connecticut.

Do you need help with a temporary substitute living arrangement for your dependent adult for a brief period of relief or rest (usually more than twenty-four hours)? Here’s a link to in home and out of home care respite programs that can help.

Additional Resources