Tax Help – Click here for information and resources
Tax Time is Right Around the Corner and 2-1-1 Can Help. 2-1-1 has information on Tax Credits, Free Income Tax Assistance, and Tax Forms.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – Sites are open mid-January through mid-April
BASIC ELIGIBILITY FOR VITA:
- Income last year was less than $54,000
- Expenses less than $25,000, if self-employed last year
- No rental property income
HOW TO LOCATE A VITA TAX PREPARATION SITE:
VITA sites are not yet booking appointments, but they will be starting in January. To find a VITA site near you, visit this page again or dial 2-1-1 after January 9th, 2018.
Appointments at many of the VITA sites throughout the state can also be booked directly through 2-1-1 on or after January 9th, 2018.
- Dial 2-1-1 (available 24/7) and speak with a contact specialist who can help connect you with a VITA site or appointment. Please note that if there is a wait when you call, there is an option to opt for a call back instead.
- Return to this page on or after January 9th to BOOK YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT ONLINE.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF I’M NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VITA?
- MyFreeTaxes: If income last year was between $54,000 and $66,000, you can prepare taxes yourself for free at http://www.myfreetaxes.com
- AARP Tax Preparation Sites: If you are over the age of 60, you can use a free AARP Tax-Aide Site. From February 1 through April 15, dial 2-1-1 to get the location of an AARP Tax-Aide Site near you or click on the link to the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Site Locator: http://www.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action
TAX FORMS/TOPICAL PAPERS:
To find federal and state tax forms and information please visit:
For additional 2-1-1 eLibrary papers on tax topics link here:
NEED HELP WITH:
Dial 2-1-1 for more information or referrals to other health and human services in Connecticut.