2-1-1 Talking Points
WHAT IS UNITED WAY 2-1-1?
United Way 2-1-1 is a free health and human service information and referral helpline. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 2-1-1 is certified by the American Association of Suicidology for crisis intervention and accredited by the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems.
BENEFITS TO THE USER
- 2-1-1 is a free, confidential service.
- No more wrong numbers or wasted time trying to find the right resource.
- One call connects you with the appropriate resources you need in your community.
- 2-1-1 is efficient, fast and easy to use.
- Your call is answered by a trained professional.
- It is always there for you—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Translation services available in many languages.
- TTY 800-671-0737
CHANGES IN SERVICE DELIVERY MODEL
- In order to handle as much of this demand as possible, 2-1-1 has implemented an automated call back feature. This allows callers to save their place in line and receive a call back at the phone number of their choice when a contact specialist is available. Calls are generally returned within 24 hours.Remember for immediate access to information and referrals you can visit the website at www.211ct.org. The website allows you to search the comprehensive 2-1-1 database for resources anytime, day or night. If you are in crisis or if you are calling on behalf of a caller in a crisis you can also Dial 2-1-1 and press option 1 off the main menu. Calls from callers in crisis situations are prioritized.
- Although 2-1-1 Customer Satisfaction surveys indicate high levels of satisfaction with the ease of reaching 2-1-1, that does not mean that it is perfect. 2-1-1 wants to hear about your experience as we are continually looking at ways to improve and fine tune the service. Click here to send us your comments or report any problems you experienced.