Connecticut Parent Information and Resource Center
CT PIRC, Connecticut Parent Information and Resource Center
Call the Toll-free Parent Line: 1-800-842-8678 or visit the website: www.ctpirc.org
CT PIRC, Connecticut Parent Information and Resource Center, provides the following services and resources for families, teachers, and other professionals who work on behalf of the children in Connecticut:
- Family support, referrals to helpful resources, training sessions, talks at community events, and special programs that celebrate families’ cultural and linguistic diversity.
- A toll-free phone line for assistance on educational issues related to the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act.
For families, teachers, faith-based organizations, and other professionals who work with and care for children:
- A website with resources and announcements about family learning, family involvement, and school-family-community partnerships.
- A library collection with family and school-family-community resources.
For teachers and other professionals who work with and care for children:
- Professional development opportunities for school districts statewide
- Support for service providers and school personnel in targeted Title I districts on developing and implementing effective parent involvement policies, programs, and activities.
For everyone who works with and cares for Connecticut children:
Visit the CT PIRC library at 25 Industrial Park Road in Middletown, Connecticut where you’ll find:
- Lots of material for parents on becoming a leader in your child’s school; understanding No Child Left Behind; learning how school systems work, and much more.
- Valuable resources for teachers on how to create family-friendly schools; communicating with families and community stakeholders; legislation, and other topics.
SOURCE: CT PIRC brochure
PREPARED BY: 211/mm
CONTENT LAST REVIEWED: October2016