- This event has passed.
Back to School Shoes & Coats for Kids Program – East Hartford
August 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
East Hartford Social Services will be holding combined sign-ups for their Back to School Shoes and Coats for Kids Programs. The Back to School Shoe Program provides qualifying parents with a one-time use Walmart gift card to be used for the purchase of a new pair of well-fitting shoes for their children entering grades K-12 in the fall; while the Coats for Kids Program, funded by the East Hartford Rotary Club, provides new winter coats to East Hartford youths between the ages of 5-12 years.
This year’s sign-ups will be held: on the following Tuesday’s: 7/23, 7/30 & 8/6/19, between the hours of 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. & 2:00-3:00 p.m. Sign-ups will be held on a walk-in basis (no appointments necessary), in the Social Services Department Town Hall, lower level, 740 Main Street
At the time of sign-up, the following information must be provided:
- Photo ID and proof of current address for applicant & proof of current address for all household members age 18 and older. Current address verifications: valid lease, current bill, mail or rent receipt dated within the past 4 weeks.
- Proof of current household monthly gross income.
- Current budget sheet from DSS for cash assistance only.
- Dates of birth for all household members.
- Long form birth certificates for all household members under the age of 18.
- Proof of guardianship/custody, if applicable. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON THESE DATES AND TIMES NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED OVER THE PHONE
- Please Note: Completing an application does not guarantee that your request will be fulfilled, as these programs are based on the amount of donations/funding available.