- This event has passed.
Free Tax Prep (VITA) – Waterbury
March 30 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who make $55,000 or less who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing of Federal and State returns.
What to bring:
• Valid photo ID
• Copy of last year’s Federal & State returns
• Social Security #s or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification) #s for you & anyone else on your tax return
• Documentation for ALL income, Social Security or pensions, including forms W-2, 1099-R
• Education expenses & student loan payments, 1098T
• Payments for child care. Bring day care provider’s address and tax ID number
• Bank routing & account numbers to direct deposit your refund
• Mortgage 1098 form & receipts of property & car taxes paid
• Mortgage expenses and/or interest paid
• Access Health CT forms, 1095A, copy of health insurance form 1095B or C
• Identity theft PIN # if applicable
Walk-ins welcome – appointments encouraged, just dial 2-1-1*, select option 3 then 6.
All other Saturday’s by appointment only, dial 2-1-1*