Tax Help – Click here for information and resources
It’s Tax Time and 2-1-1 Can Help. 2-1-1 has information on Tax Credits, Free Income Tax Assistance, and Tax Forms.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – Sites are active mid-January through mid-April
BASIC ELIGIBILITY FOR VITA:
- Income last year was less than $54,000
- Expenses less than $25,000, if self-employed last year
- No rental property income
HOW TO LOCATE A VITA TAX PREPARATION SITE:
- Dial 2-1-1 (available 24/7) and speak with a contact specialist who can help connect you with a VITA site or appointment. Please note that if there is a wait when you call, there is an option to opt for a call back instead.
- Click here to view the full list of VITA sites in Connecticut online and get information about how to access them.
- OR – If you live in one of the towns listed below, click here to BOOK YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT ONLINE. Please note that if you wish to book your own appointment, an email address is required.
- East Hartford
- West Hartford
- Windsor Locks
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF I’M NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VITA?
- MyFreeTaxes: If income last year was between $54,000 and $64,000, you can prepare taxes yourself for free at http://www.myfreetaxes.com
- AARP Tax Preparation Sites: If you are over the age of 60, you can use a free AARP Tax-Aide Site. From February 1 through April 15, dial 2-1-1 to get the location of an AARP Tax-Aide Site near you or click on the link to the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Site Locator: http://www.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action
TAX FORMS/TOPICAL PAPERS:
To find federal and state tax forms and information please visit:
For additional 2-1-1 eLibrary papers on tax topics link here:
NEED HELP WITH:
Dial 2-1-1 for more information or referrals to other health and human services in Connecticut.