- What measures should be taken to prolong or end one’s life?
- Is there a way to alleviate pain and suffering?
- What are the legal and financial ramifications of a death?
- Is a will or a living will necessary?
- How are expenses going to be paid?
- How are the needs of family members being addressed?
Websites Offering Information for Dying People and Their Caregivers
- https://www.nhpco.org/ – National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) web site offers information and publications on a wide range of end-of-life issues such as caregiving, pain management, hospice care, advance directives, financial planning, and more.
- https://www.nhpco.org/about/hospice-care – National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. offers information for the dying person and the caregiver on pain, hospice services, living wills, bereavement, children, and other topics.
- http://www.funerals.org – The Funerals Consumers Alliance advocates for affordable funerals. The website provides a directory of nonprofit funeral consumer groups and information on funerals, cemeteries, and crematories.
How to Find Providers in Connecticut’s Community Resources Database:
Search by service name:
PREPARED BY: 211/rj
CONTENT LAST REVIEWED: January2018