Youth and Young Adults
As a youth, you are faced with various questions and decisions. This web page contains information which may be useful in everyday situations, including where to go for help, what to do for fun and how to find support. With over a 1,000 resources available, it can be hard to find the right one. There is help available.
Browse the categories below to find resources using our guided search.
How can I obtain a new or lost license, birth certificate, identification card, social security card?
- Where to Obtain a Birth Certificate
- Need your Birth Certificate and can’t get it?
- Driver’s License
- Driver’s License or DMV Identification Cards
- Social Security Cards
What is the legal process for emancipation?
How do I change name and gender on documents?
Where can I get clothes and household items at no or low cost?
Where can I get food items or a meal for free?
Where can I get help with my school work or find a mentoring program ?
How can I get help planning for college or with financial aid?
If I'm a homeless student, where can I get some additional support?
How can I find help with finding a job or job training program?
Where can I go see a doctor/dentist?
Where can I get help with birth control?
If you do not have a place to stay, dial 2-1-1.
How can I find a place to stay or affordable housing?
- Homeless Shelters
- Runaway/Youth Shelters
- Supervised Living for Older Youth
- Housing Authorities
- List of Rental Housing
- Low Income/Subsidized Private Rental Housing
- Sign up for Housing Choice Voucher Program here, to receive emails about Section 8 waiting list openings.
Where can I get help affording an apartment?
How do I get the necessary documents together to access housing programs?
What resources are available for Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender youth?
- Trevor Helpline – Suicide Prevention Hotline
- True Colors – Sexual Minority Youth and Family Services
- Triangle Community Center
If I am having a crisis and need to talk to someone right away, who can I call? Dial 2-1-1.
How can I find someone to talk to if I'm having a tough time or in crisis?
- Child Abuse and Neglect Careline: 800-842-2288
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- Sexual Assault Hotline: 860-456-2789 (English)/ 888-568-8332 (Spanish)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (English)/888-628-9454 (Spanish)
- Psychiatric Mobile Response Teams
- Mental Health Hotlines
Where can I find counseling services?
- Adolescent/Youth Counseling
- Child Guidance
- General Counseling Services
- Local Mental Health Authorities
How can I find help for an addiction?
Where can I find help with child care?
Are there any parenting classes available to help me?
Is there any assistance to help me with my bills?
Where can I find recreational, arts and youth enrichment programs?
What are my transportation options?
Other Helpful Youth Websites
- True Colors: True Colors manages a LGBT mentoring program, provides trainings/seminars on LGBT youth issues, and sponsors a youth conference annually
- Turning Point CT: Turning Point provides mental health and wellness treatment options, hotline links, shared stories, and much more.
- Youth-Help: Help for youth with housing instability find resources to promote a successful educational experience
Youth Emotional Wellness Twitter Feed
A Twitter List by 211CT