Organ and Tissue Donation
How to Become a Donor:
- Declare your wish on your driver’s license or photo ID card, if you are going to the DMV to obtain or renew your license/identification.
- Join the donor registry in your state. Connecticut residents can obtain a donor card by contacting New England Donor Services (serving Hartford, Litchfield, Windham, Tolland, New London, and Middlesex counties) or Donate Life Connecticut.
- Include donation in your advance directives, will, and living will
- Tell your family. They can be your advocate should you become a donor candidate.
- Tell your physician, faith leader, and friends.
For more information about organ and tissue donation go to:
SOURCES: Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles and LifeChoice Donor Services
PREPARED BY: 211/mm
CONTENT LAST REVIEWED: December2021