Our community services database lists health and human services available to residents of Connecticut. The database is used by the 2-1-1 Connecticut Call Center to provide information and referrals to callers dialing 2-1-1. A very similar database is available at our website www.211ct.org. The online database excludes some agencies who wish not to be listed online and agencies that offer services to organizations only, and not to individuals.
- Private nonprofits offering health and human services in Connecticut
- Selected municipal and State of Connecticut agencies and commissions; selected U.S. government agencies and commissions
- Quasi-public/private agencies (A public traded company partially owned or at least guaranteed by a government for some purpose thought to benefit the community)
- Nursing homes, residential care homes, assisted living facilities, continuing care facilities, hospitals, home health care providers, adult day centers, and non-medical home care providers licensed or registered by the state, or an agency designated by the State of Connecticut
- Public and private housing providers that offer subsidized or below market rent apartments
- Sober Living Facilities, recovery homes, and halfway houses that are registered as a business or nonprofit entity, and authorized by a city/town to operate this type of facility
- Hotlines, help lines, information lines and information and referral lines that are administered by a nonprofit or government agency
- Religious and Secular organizations, such as churches and civic groups, that offer a service for the community-at-large which is not restricted to their members
- Professional associations for health and human service providers
- Self-help support groups offered by nonprofit agencies or individuals for which there is no fee or for which the fee is nominal and is meant to cover incidental costs, such as refreshments
- Out-of-state agencies that offer essential services, that are not covered by Connecticut agencies and that otherwise meet the inclusion criteria
- For profit businesses offering health and human services in Connecticut that offer a unique not widely offered by the nonprofit community, provided that they meet other inclusion criteria. For profit businesses must be registered as a business with the State of Connecticut, or, if incorporated in another state, registered as a business in that state
- For profit pharmacies located in Connecticut that provide one or more of the following services: Distribute Narcolone (Narcon), open 24-hours, home delivery, dispense of pre-prepared medications free of charge.
- Web-only entities that offer health and human service information and assistance through a web site, provided that they meet other inclusion criteria
- Professional associations for non-health and human service providers if they investigate complaints and provide information to the public
- Out-of-state organizations that refer individuals to essential services in states other than Connecticut, such as a national domestic violence hotline or national child abuse hotline, etc.
- Private practitioners, such as lawyers, doctors, therapists, group practices, and other individuals or businesses offering services, unless incorporated as a nonprofit entity
- Hotlines, help lines, information lines or information and referral lines not administered by nonprofit Corporations
- Support groups offered by therapists or social worker’s for which there is a fee to pay the leader for his/her time and which may be classified as “group therapy” or a “psycho educational group”
- Clubs, service groups or other organizations whose services are for members only
- Out-of-state agencies or businesses that provide services also offered by an in-state resource
2-1-1 Website Calendar Guideline Submissions:
- Current agencies listed in the 2-1-1 Connecticut database, can only submit events to be added to the events calendar
- Please note that all requests for entry onto the 2-1-1 Connecticut Community Events Calendar, may not be accepted
- 2-1-1 Connecticut reserves the right to refuse any submission not appropriate and/or may use only particular details of event deemed necessary for listing
2-1-1 Connecticut Disclaimer:
- 2-1-1 Connecticut reserves the right to refuse listing any agency if, in its sole opinion, such a listing is deemed inappropriate based on our inclusion/exclusion criteria set forth herein. 2-1-1 Connecticut does not guarantee the outcome of any referral to an organization in the database.
- 2-1-1 Connecticut reserves the right to cancel a listing when an agency no longer meets the required criteria.
- 2-1-1 Connecticut reserves the right to delete any agency from the database when requests for updates are not provided.
- 2-1-1 Connecticut will consider the following as a basis for denying inclusion in the database; agencies denying services on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, sexual preference, nationality, creed or whose services are illegal; and when 2-1-1 Connecticut knows or has reasonable basis to believe services to clients are not in accord with the AIRS standards and commonly accepted professional practices.
- 2-1-1 Connecticut Community Services Database Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria establishes criteria for what may be included in or excluded from the database. These criteria are not intended to bestow a right to be included in the database. 2-1-1 Connecticut reserves the right to limit inclusion based on criteria that may not be explicitly stated herein. For example, inclusion may be limited based on the judgment that a service is adequately covered, i.e., that resources listed are sufficient to provide a service for everyone within a service area that may need or request the service.
Exclusion does not reflect on any organization’s contribution to the community. 2-1-1 Connecticut neither guarantees nor makes any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the database. 2-1-1 Connecticut disclaims any and all responsibility and liability that may be asserted or claimed resulting from or arising out of reliance upon the information and procedures presented in the database.
If you meet our criteria and are not in our database but wish to be added, fill out a request form here.
Reviewed: June 2018