Resident Services Coordinators in Subsidized Rental Housing Facilities

Download PDF

A Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) is a social service professional who works with families and individuals who live in HUD’s subsidized rental apartment communities.

Most RSCs in Connecticut are located at elderly/disabled housing complexes, although some are located at family housing complexes or in non-subsidized senior apartment complexes. Their main purpose is to help residents remain self-reliant as long as possible. RSCs are a link between management, the residents who need services to remain or become independent, and community-based service providers. They will identify residents who need services, assess needs, advocate for service delivery, link residents to service providers, and monitor delivery of services.

How to Find an RSC:
Call the management company for your housing complex to see if there is an on-site RSC.


SOURCE: American Association of Service Coordinators