Warning Signs Of Youth Violence

Download PDF

If you are concerned about your child possibly committing violence, you need to arrange for him or her to be seen by a child/family mental health professional who is experienced in working with adolescents and their families. School administrators, counselors and teachers may know mental health providers with this expertise. Family doctors or your local mental health association can also point you in the right direction.

If your child is exhibiting a number of warning signs for violence you should get help quickly. In an emergency situation it may be necessary to contact your local police department for assistance or take your child to the nearest emergency room for evaluation.

Also, it is important to realize that many children exhibit these warning signs and never resort to violence.

Warning signs include:

Other Resources:

To Find Providers in Connecticut’s Community Resources Database:

Search by service names:


SOURCE: CDC National Center for Youth Violence Prevention