If you were recently released from incarceration, these specific resources below will help you find services and programs that you may need.
Community Reentry Services
Mental Health Services:
- Psychiatric Day Treatment
- Community Mental Health Agencies
- Mental Health Hotlines
- Domestic Violence Hotlines
- Suicide Prevention Hotlines
- Driver Licenses
- Replacing Documents When You Have Lost All of Your IDs
- Social Security Numbers
2-1-1 Regional Reentry Directories:
Additional resources can be found at:
Dial 2‐1‐1 directly and talk to one of the call specialists who will assist you. You can also reach them, toll‐free, at 1‐800‐203‐1234, 24/7. They can help you locate a resource, provide referrals and crisis intervention services. The service is free and confidential.
2-1-1’s Navigator Benefits Tool – http://www.211navigator.com – can screen individuals to see what State and Federal programs they may be eligible for.
CT Department of Social Services: Benefit assistance may also be available by contacting the Department of Social Services (DSS). To find out about the types of services they provide, call 855‐626‐6632, or visit the website, http://www.ct.gov/dss/site/default.asp.
2‐1‐1 eLibrary papers are available on various topics which may be of interest, for instance:
- Where to Obtain a Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card Information
- Driver’s License or DMV Identification cards
For additional papers on criminal justice, disability issues, veteran resources to name a few topics, visit: https://uwc.211ct.org/get-help/informationlibrary/
The following directories were created to connect you with needed services based on a topic. Each directory includes agencies, addresses, description of services available and other key information. Our hope is that each Directory will promote linkages between people in need and service providers.
- Bridgeport Reentry Guide
- Greater Hartford Reentry Services
- Health Care Resource Guide
- HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Guide
- Where to Turn in Connecticut When You Become Unemployed
- Windham County Reentry Services